Walsh Environmental Scientists and Engineers (Walsh) is an environmental consulting firm founded in 1979 that provides services in the USA, Ecuador and other countries in Latin America. The Ecuador branch (WALSH-Ecuador) was established in 1995.
WALSH-Ecuador provides a broad range of services in Ecuador. We specialize in environmental and archeological services for the oil and gas, mining, transportation, cement, wind energy and waste management industries.
Recent Awards and Qualifications
- 2009. "Best Practice on How to Design and Build a Green Mega Project", Awarded to Quiport and Walsh-Ecuador.
- 2008. Nominated by the US Embassy in Ecuador for the Secretary of State’s ACE Award (Award for Corporate Exelence), which recognizes US companies worldwide.
- 2007. Finalist for the 2007 Energy Institute Award. (London, U.K.)
- 2007. Finalist for the World Petroleum Awards Sustainable Development HSE (Health, Safety, and Environment) Award. (Houston, U.S.A.)
- 2005. Best Presentation, Environmental Poster. American Association of Petroleum Geologists. (Calgary, Canada)
- 2004. The Energy Institute Environmental Award. (London, U.K.)
- 2003. The Energy Institute Environmental Award. (London, U.K.)
- 2003. World Petroleum Awards, Sustainable Development HSE (Health, Safety, and Environment) Award. (Houston, U.S.A.)
- Qualified by the Ministry of Energy and Mining as a Grade A Consultant for petroleum and mining, related to environmental work.
- 2002. Participated as an advisor to the Ministry of the Environment at the World Summit on Sustainable Development. (Johannesburg, South Africa)
- Co-published the book Cuyabeno Ancestral with the Ecuadorian National Institute of Cultural Patrimony (INPC).
We have a diverse personnel of approximately 35 people with backgrounds in a wide range of technical disciplines. Eight are bilingual in English and Spanish, and three are bilingual in Spanish and Quichua.
- Engineers: Chemical, Environmental, Mechanical, Petroleum
- Geologists (Geomorphologist, Hydrologists, Seismologists, Volcanologists)
- GIS and Remote Sensing Specialists
- Computer Programmers
- Soil Specialists
- Biologists (Botanists, Entomologists, Herpetologists, Ichthyologists, Mastozoologists, Ornithologists)
- Social Scientists (Anthropologists, Archaeologists, Sociologists)
- Art Restorers